Roland-Story High School
Upon competition of this Unit, the student will be able to:
1. Explain what is "horticulture" and the segments of it.
2. Identify the major parts of a plant and explain their functions.
3. Explain the seven methods of plant propagation.
4. Identify methods of controlling pests of plants.
5. Design and implement a container grown planting.
6. Plan a landscape using design techniques.
7. Determine proper fertilzier and chemical needs for plants.
8. Identify appropriate plants to use in landscapes.
9. Identify major horticultural regions and plants they are known for.
Semester Class Assignment List:
Study Guides are for the Unit, with Tests at the end of that Unit.
study guides Vocabulary Study Guides activities and
Plants for Unit
(activity on ID)
(Use Non-Java Option)
tests no plants to identify
Maps: United States, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia , Iowa
Last updated on: February 25, 2021