Machinery Management Unit
This is a two week long unit of instruction that deals with agricultural farming equipment. This unit is designed to allow students to be able to correctly identify, recommend, service/maintain, and financially account for pieces of farm equipment.
Achievement Objectives: Students will be able to:
1. Estimate machine capacity.
2. Determine field efficiency.
3. Calculate power requirements.
4. Estimate machinery capacity requirements.
5. Estimate machinery costs such as fixed and variable.
2. Chapter readings
3. Study guide/lessons.
4. Crossword puzzle/terms and definitions.
5. Operate a skid steer.
6. Identify ten pieces of farming machinery common to this area.
7. Nomograph exercise.
8. Use/observe a dynameters.
9. Operate equipment.
10. Determine efficiency factors.
11. Design chart/poster on equipment.
12. Price equipment.