Agricultural Mechanic Class
Electricity and Electrical Motors Unit
This is a three week long unit of instruction that deals with electrical wiring and single phase electric motors. Students will receive instruction on various aspects of electric motors and will then perform several labs in which they will basic tasks with the motors.
Unit Objectives: Upon completing this unit, the student will be able to:
1. List advantages of electric motor power.
2. Discuss the types of electric motors.
3. List factors to consider when selecting electric motors.
4. Discuss the mounts and drives of electric motors.
5. Select and use motor controls.
6. Maintain motors and controls.
7. Wire simple electrical connections.
1. Identify components, disassemble, clean, and reassemble an electric motor.
2. Disassemble, clean contact points, and reassemble an electric motor.
3. Solder connections unto an electric motor control.