Financial Literacy Unit
Record Keeping and Analysis
This 3 week long unit of instruction is designed to instruct students about financial records and their analysis. Students will learn about basic financial management and will be introduced to SAE (supervised agricultural experience) projects and in the keeping and analysis of records. Students will also begin a basic electronic record book project. In addition, students will be developing a "beef jerky' business in which they will be responsible for all management decision in this Entrepreneurship segment of the unit of study.
1. Determine net worth and its associated ratios.
2. Determine cash flow and set up cash flow statements.
3. Set up income and expense (profit/loss) statements.
4. Determine depreciation.
5. Calculate taxes.
6. Learn and use excel spreadsheets for financial records analysis.
7. Begin record keeping (SAE) project.
8. Develop, plan, manufacture, and market a product.
List of Unit Activities/Assignments:
(are in word, PowerPoint, or Excel forms)
Financial Literacy Quiz #2
6. Net Worth Template (excel document) 7. Net Worth Review Assignment -- excel document 10. Cash Flow Template -- excel document 11. Cash Flow Statement --Quiz #2 12. Cash flow template #2 -- excel document 14. Depreciation assignment #1 -- excel document 15. Notes over taxes, profit-losses -- powerpoint 16. Taxes, profit-losses assignment -- excel document 17. blank record book -- excel document 19. Business plan notes -- powerpoint 22. Unit Test over Financial Literacy